Friday, January 20, 2012

Let's All Revamp Our Nailpolish Collections

If you're like me, you have at least 10 old bottles of nail polish standing around - colors that you will never put on again, because they are ugly or whatever. Today I'm bringing you a list of the shades that ought to go and the ones you want instead.
Throw out .................................................................................................Get instead


















I am one of those unfortunate souls who own a pumpkin orange nail polish.
It doesn't matter what it cost, and the brand is unimportant: nobody looks good with pumpkin nails, trust me. Instead, pick up a coral orange - you might think that coral is out again, but in my opinion, if it looks good on you, keep it. And coral orange just so happens to look good on almost everybody, so it's a truly awesome shade.


Toss ..................................................................................................Buy
 











 Lose the strange, radioactive purple hues, please. Not only do they remind people of bad sci-fi movies, but I own a bottle (I, know, I know, I shouldn't have bought it) and they really make you look pale. Insead, try a dark plum polish, which looks especially stunning on dark-skinned gals.

Forget ..........................................................................................................Go for













The color green is not a good nail polish color at all. Pretty much ever. Mint green makes you look scary, grass green is plain ugly, Christmas tree green says ... Christmas, in a tacky sort of way. Especially if it's March or something.
Instead, please be aware of the wonder that is beige and/or brown nail polish. The fair-skinned amongst us should pick more of a beige, though. Very glamorous is a dark brown with slight sparkles, and that's what I'm going to leave you with:

Different brown hues - all very luxurious shades. And no, I'm not getting paid to say this.

No comments:

Post a Comment