Saturday, January 21, 2012

Dear Abby Shares Some Genius - And So Do I

DEAR ABBY: I have a friend with whom I exchange birthday and Christmas gifts. I make a great deal of effort to find things I know she would like, and I have been quite successful. My friend, however, buys me things I suspect she would like for herself (...)This kind of exchange has been going on for years, and I don't remember receiving one gift I could really use. What can I say to her? -- PEEVED IN PITTSBURGH

DEAR PEEVED: To say something would be rude. I do have a suggestion, however. On the next gift-giving occasion, give your friend some things you would like. Example: A pretty fan to accessorize a summer dress, a jar of your favorite jam, a novel or two you would enjoy reading -- and then you can agree on a gift exchange. Problem solved.

SILVER DREAMS: Honestly, Pittsburg-ett? Please get over yourself. Okay, okay, so you want to get things you actually like / have a use for. But I think you friend wants to show you the things she likes, and why they are so awesome. She wants to share a little piece of her life with you, which is sweet.
Do the gift exchange thing.

2 comments: